- Documents/Letters: Any type of document won’t be charged by customs, documents usually come in envelopes.
If for some reason the document is heavy then this might be a different issueheavy stuff gets the same treatment
- Laptops: Luckily all laptops don’t have customs fee, which makes shipping costs much cheaper since you also don’t get to pay the %5 cost of the total price
- Mobiles: All mobile devices won’t have a 5% fee from customs, these include iPhones and Android devices
- Computer accessories: Not all but most computer accessories are exempt from customs fee. You can call your freight forwarding service to check before ordering
- iPads: The reason iPads don’t have a custom fee is because they are similar to laptops. They’re between laptops and computers. All iPad generations have no custom cost. All others tablets have a customs fee
- DVD/CD: DVD’s were one of the only things people use to order online back in the day a decade ago. They’re still custom-free.
- Magazines/Books: All magazines and books are custom free, of course banned magazines/books will still be banned.
Note: You still have to pay KD 2 customs fee when using aramex but not the 5% fee. Other freight forwarding services may also have extra custom charges for getting your shipment cleared.
Make sure the person your purchasing from clearly states what you are buying in the invoice so you won’t get a customs charge. If have more insight on this feel free to share.
Update: Added two more