When I started learning HTML/CSS coding I wanted somewhere I could go to that’s quiet and comfy to relax and study. Little did I know that most cafés in Kuwait are very noisy with flirtatious people and reek smoke. I settled with chilling in two places, mainly the Caribou in Al Bahar Center, Hawali. Tell me if you have any place in mind.
1. Think Café
You don’t need to go to Think Café just to study something, they have a set of books where you can just have some coffee and read something new, just don’t order their fries.
- Tables with computers available if you need to browse
- Sets of books available
- Big menu with a variety of things to pick from
- Too many smokers
2. Caribou Al Bahar Center
What I like about this Caribou is not a lot of people know about it, so it’s often quiet during the day. They have a lot studying tables at the corner so that’s usually where I sit. I’m just hoping things won’t get crowded after everyone found out about it.
- Quiet when there aren’t any kids around
- Free Wifi upon purchase
- Has a non-smoking area
- Surrounded by fast food restaurants incase you get really hungry
- Gets really noisy when kids are around
- Music sometimes too loud, but they’ll tune it down if you ask them
- People come and go a lot, since it’s in a mall
Discovered this place not so long ago and wrote a review about it here. Angelato is pretty small compared to the other two but is as cosy as it gets. They have a chocolate fondue fountain which I don’t mind staring at for an hour.
- Smoke-free environment, finally
- Very comfortable cushions
- Friendly staff
- Only offers sweets and desserts (sandwiches in the morning)
- Can be too pricy for some
I’ll be adding more to the list as soon as I discover them.