Snapchat username

Private Tutors Can Make KD 900 A Day in Kuwait

4 Responses to “Private Tutors Can Make KD 900 A Day in Kuwait”

1. teachers take 10 kd per hour not more for high school and below,,
    I can tell you that teachers if are working all day long during the month can make 4000+ kd per month but never above 5000
    and we can blame ministry of education for letting teacher do these as they well

2. i d like to five some tutoring hours
    where i should go ?
    i have a PHD degree and i can be very helpful in Physics and Mathematics

15 comment(s) from Facebook page.

1. DeAnne Davis said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 05:54 am)

The point is, that to tutor and actually be able to charge that much, you had better have the degrees and experience. My Masters degree and 20 years of teaching experience gets me 25kd per hour. Not just, "I want to do that." And frankly, it is exhausting.

2. Susannah Joy said: (on June 6, 2014 @ 04:21 pm)

Puhleez. Ive been here seven years, work closely with students, schools, and tutors - not teacher/tutors, but tutors who have specialised credentials and experience to work with students who have learning disabilities, poor fluency, or other disabilities requiring extensive help. Not one has EVER gotten close to this money. As specialists, their typical hourly rate is 25KD. Normal tutoring is around 15KD/hour. If someone is paying 150KD/session, theyre getting RIPPED OFF. Id really be interested to have proof of this incredible claim. :/

3. Kathy Young said: (on June 6, 2014 @ 01:28 pm)

I havent heard of ANYONE getting paid 150kd an hour, if it were the norm, all of us teachers would quit our day jobs and tutor!

4. Malaka Umm Dawud said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 09:28 pm)

I know this article stated the going rate use to be between 20 and 30 and was now 150. I do not know anyone getting paid this much other than people who are willing to write student TMAs for the student rather than the student doing the paper him or herself. Personally I wont write someones paper for them. I had to write my own papers when I was going to University, why should I do someones work for them? How will they learn if they do not do it themselves?

5. Marian Brooks said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 12:22 pm)

And if I was paying 150kd per hour for a tutor I think I would be talking to the school cos the teachers obviously aint cutting it

6. Brian Feliciano said: (on June 4, 2014 @ 12:31 pm)

wow! I sure would like to work as part time tutor. an hour rate is more than you can earn in 10days

7. Lana Rose Neville-Mohammad said: (on June 6, 2014 @ 02:23 pm)

I have taught and tutored in Kuwait for over 9 years, and the MOST I ever even heard of tutors earning is 30KD an hour. I have a feeling the 150 is either A) exaggerated or B) someone actually DOING a paper or project for 150KD (not an hour, but for the project), or C) people that are literally just paying a "tutor" to complete all the coursework and get them studied to take the exams.

8. Christine Joy Ryan said: (on June 6, 2014 @ 11:56 am)

I was discussing this very subject last night with some teachers who tutor at primary school level and we came to the conclusion it was obviously a mistake unless of course it is for those unscrupulous enough to actually write the papers for the students!

9. DeAnne Davis said: (on June 6, 2014 @ 11:43 am)

Malaka, I dont know of 150 per either. But there is some crazy stuff going on. I have charged 20 for years. I do not see the need to raise or lower. But I tutor. I assist in understanding. I refuse to do any of their work for them. Many are not like that. They do it all. And Arab tutors tend to make less. Racist, but there it is. Most if the tutoring scene is absurd.

10. Malaka Umm Dawud said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 09:23 pm)

Im not sure how accurate this information is. Personally I only charge 15 kd per hour maximum. I know many teachers who do private on the side are only charging between 10 and 20 per hour. The going rate use to be between 20 and 30 per hour but this has been dropping because many teachers including myself are willing to charge less.

11. Marian Brooks said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 12:19 pm)

And what about those people who dont pay up after you have tutored their kids all month ?

12. CursedFace EnvyMe said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 11:12 am)

absurd....

13. Jhossani Li said: (on June 4, 2014 @ 11:19 pm)

Wow..

14. Sharem Cabriles Salubre said: (on June 4, 2014 @ 10:35 pm)

I love to do some tutor

15. Aditi Ghosh said: (on June 5, 2014 @ 05:37 pm)

Anil da ... I read the article yesterday ... Is this true??? Because before getting robbed I need to get sorted ....