I’m not actually 100% sure they’re a new telecom, they told me they are but many of their services are shared with Zain, including sharing the telecom bridges. They’re marketing campaign is pretty bad. It’s s confusing, misleading and lacks a lot of information. So I called their call center to get all the details and here’s what they told me.
- You have to buy a prepaid line from a mobile store that sells them, you cannot use your current number
- They currently only have prepaid lines, no idea if they plan on postpaid lines in the future
- The SIM card costs 2 KD with 2 KD prepaid credit
- To top up your credit either buy an Xtra top up card or Zain’s Eezee top up card
- YourXtra line will charge you on calls for the first 300 fils then after that the rest of the day is free
- Here’s what they don’t tell you: Only Zain and Xtra lines get the rest of the day free, calling Viva and Wataniya numbers only gets you 5 free hours per day. Which is actually a pretty good deal if you think about it, you pay 300 fils for 5 hours of talk time every day.
- They only have 1 internet package: 5 KD per month for 3GB capacity (which is very little) but you get unlimited access to Whatsapp, Viber and Facebook
So I guess their services work for someone that doesn’t want to spend over 10 KD – 15 KD on their monthly bill but talk a lot on the phone.