If you remember few weeks ago I had like a mini-rant on why is Vimto even a Ramadan thing? Turns out there’s a lot of interesting facts about how this British based business reached the Arab region and became a thing in Ramadan. Thanks to BBC’s quick but detailed documentary seen below.
Some interesting takeaways:
- Vimto makes half its revenue in 11 months, the other half they make in Ramadan
- Around 35 million bottles of Vimto are sold in the Arab region alone every year
- Vimto was found in 1908 in Manchester as an energy drink
- In 1928 Vimto was bought to Bahrain by a staff of Al Aujan Company, that company soon became the official distributor in the region
- Here’s something that wasn’t mentioned in the documentary: Aujan Group are the official distributor of the following brands: Vimto, Rani, Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite and Barbican